We are SOLD OUT of
*Winter 2018-19 Finished Beef*
Limited Quantities Available!
Welcome to Shimp Ranch Beef!
We are a small family farm nestled on 200 acres in the beautiful, rugged Upper Peninsula of Michigan.
Our goal is to provide our customers with the healthiest and highest quality, locally produced real Angus and Angus-cross beef. Our cattle spend their lives playing, grazing, and relaxing happily on our numerous pastures, in our woods, and barn lots. This means that our young calves can race down the hills of our pastures while their mothers eat fruit from the limbs of wild apple trees.
Our cattle are rotated through numerous grass pastures during the summer months and fed hay and silage in the winter months in our barnyards. Although we strongly believe in pasturing our animals, free-access to barns on our farm provide our animals shade in the summer and protection from the elements in the winter. Our pasture-raised beef are finished on a mixture of haylage, silage, and local high-moisture grains produced in the U.P. that supplement their forage based diets.
Benefits of Naturally Raised Beef
- Real Angus and Angus-cross beef
- No hormones
- No steroids
- No fed-antibiotics
- U.P. Proud- multiple generations of mother cows, bulls, and calves are born and bred in the U.P.
- Pasture raised
- Nutrient dense meat
- Animals can naturally breed, graze, forage, and enjoy life
- Beef finished the old-fashioned way on a mix of haylage, silage, and high-moisture grain for optimal fine marbling to the tender meat
- Finished beef animals are butchered at 20-22 months old, ensuring tender meat
- Animals are handled gently
- Animals live longer, stress-free, happy lives
- Beef Quality Assurance certified